The basic steps involved in deploying with TeraByte Image products are as follows:
- Establish the source partition(s).
- Run the Sysprep tool on the source Windows partition.
- Use a TeraByte product to create an image of the source partition(s).
- Create a script (i.e. a Linux script or DOS batch file) and run it to invoke the desired Image product on the destination workstations.
A white paper is available with further details. This white paper, titled Deploying TeraByte Images, includes two sample floppy diskette images and an outline of how to deploy TeraByte images across a network using Preboot Execution Environment (PXE).
- A related white paper, titled Creating Customized Bootable OEM Restore CD/DVD Discs, is available.
- The Image for Linux Network Boot Disc (which can be used to deploy with PXE) is available in trial and registered versions.