After installing PHYLock on a Windows NT/2000/XP/2003 system, network shares either do not appear, or appear and are inaccessible. (While it's possible for this problem to occur on Vista or later versions of Windows, it's much less likely.)
Manually set the IRPStackSize registry value as follows:
- Run Regedit.
- Navigate to and select (i.e. click on) this key:
- If an IRPStackSize registry value already exists in the right pane, proceed to step 4. If no IRPStackSize registry value exists in the right pane, create one as follows:
- Click Edit, then select DWORD Value under the New menu.
- Give the new value the name IRPStackSize. Use this name exactly as shown, since it is case sensitive.
- Set the value of IRPStackSize as follows:
- Double click the IRPStackSize registry value.
- Select the Decimal radio button and change Value data to 32 (for Windows NT, set it to decimal 12). Or, leave Hexadecimal selected and set Value data to 20 (for Windows NT, set it to hexadecimal c).
- Click OK.
- Reboot to put the new value of IRPStackSize into effect.
Description of the IRPStackSize parameter in Windows 2000 and in Windows Server 2003