BootIt NG (version 1.68+) allows you to edit text files of up to 32 KB in size, without leaving BootIt NG. This functionality is available on FAT16, FAT32, and NTFS partitions. To use this feature:
- On the BootIt NG desktop, click the Partition Work icon. The Work with Partitions window appears.
- Using the radio buttons on the left side of the Work with Partitions window, select the appropriate hard drive.
- Double-click the partition that contains text file you would like to edit (or click the partition once to select it and then click the Properties button). The Properties dialog appears.
- Click the Edit File button on the Properties dialog. The Open dialog appears.
- Select the desired text file, either by manually entering the desired path and/or file name (using the MS-DOS 8.3 file naming convention) or by double-clicking the appropriate folder and/or file names. The Edit File window appears.
Note: If you see the message File Truncated! upon trying to open a file, it means that the selected file was either in binary format or over 32 KB in size. In this case, your only option is to click Cancel.
- View or edit the file as desired. Click OK to save your changes or click Cancel to abandon them.