BootIt BM allows you to edit text files of up to 64 KB in size, without leaving BootIt BM. This functionality is available on partitions using supported file systems (including FAT, FAT32, NTFS, and ext). To use this feature:
- On the BootIt BM desktop, click the Partition Work icon. The Work with Partitions window appears.
- Use the Drives drop-down box to select the appropriate hard drive.
- Select the partition that contains the text file you would like to edit and then click the Edit File button. The Open dialog appears.
- Select the desired text file, either by manually entering the desired path and/or file name (using the MS-DOS 8.3 file naming convention) or by double-clicking the appropriate folder and/or file names. The Edit File window appears.
Note: If you see the message File Truncated! upon trying to open a file, it means that the selected file was either in binary format or over 64 KB in size. In this case, your only option is to click Cancel.
- View or edit the file as desired. Click OK to save your changes or click Cancel to abandon them.