- Insert a floppy diskette which does not contain any data you need to save.
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- In the Add/Remove Programs dialog box, click the Startup Disk tab.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to create the startup disk. When the process completes, that diskette can be used to boot the computer into MS-DOS.
Please refer to the article Removing Unnecessary Files from a Windows Me Startup Diskette if you find that you need more room on the diskette.