Using the TBOSDT setwindl.tbs Script
The TBOSDT setwindl.tbs script provides an easy way add, change, or remove drive letter assignments for Windows installations. The script can be run from any supported TBOSDT environment, including Windows, BootIt BM, BootIt UEFI, Image for Linux, and TBWinPE/RE.
- Run the setwindl.tbs script.
- Select the desired Windows installation from the list (there will be a warning if you select the running Windows system).
- Select the partition. Its current assignment will be shown if it has one.
- Select the drive letter to assign to the partition or select the current assignment to remove it.
- Follow the prompts to complete the operation.
Using Windows Disk Management
From Windows, do the following:
- Press WinKey+R to open the Run box.
- Type in diskmgmt.msc and click OK. The Disk Management window will be displayed.
- In the right window pane, right-click on the drive letter (partition or volume) you want to change.
- Click on Change Drive Letter and Paths...
- Click the Add..., Change..., or Remove button, depending on the desired action needed.
Using BootIt BM
If you are using BootIt BM with the Limit Primaries option disabled and you wish to remove the drive letter for a partition you can simply clear the MBR slot in the appropriate Boot Item. The partition will then not be loaded into the MBR and Windows will not assign a letter.