The following error message appears during system boot:
SPT < Minimum
The affected system contains partition(s) that are not aligned to cylinder boundaries, which causes the BIOS to change the geometry to invalid values.
Solution 1 of 2:
Configure the system BIOS to use its LBA Mode or Fixed Geometry setting.
Please note: This method may not resolve the problem on some affected systems.
Solution 2 of 2:
- Boot into BootIt NG from installation media. When the Floppy Boot Menu appears, click the Maintenance button.
- Click the Partition Work button on the BootIt NG desktop.
- Click the View MBR button on the Work with Partitions window.
- Click the Fill E-CHS button on the View MBR window.
- Click Apply on the View MBR window.
- Boot into the installed copy of BootIt NG (not from the BootIt NG installation media). You may reboot either by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete, or by closing the Work with Parittions window and then selecting the Reboot button on the BootIt NG desktop.
- In BootIt NG Settings, enable the Align MBR End HS option.