The following error message appears during system boot:
SPT < Minimum
The affected system contains partition(s) that are not aligned to cylinder boundaries, which causes the BIOS to change the geometry to invalid values.
Solution 1 of 2:
Configure the system BIOS to use its LBA Mode or Fixed Geometry setting.
Please note: This method may not resolve the problem on some affected systems.
Solution 2 of 2:
- Boot into BootIt BM from the Setup media. When the Installation & Recovery Boot Menu appears, click the Maintenance button and enter Maintenance Mode.
- Click the Partition Work button on the BootIt BM desktop.
- In Work with Partitions, do the following for each drive:
- Select the drive using the Drives drop-down box.
- Click the View MBR button.
- Click the Fill E-CHS button on the View MBR window.
- Click Apply on the View MBR window.
- Boot into the installed copy of BootIt BM (not from the BootIt BM Setup media). You may reboot either by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete, or by closing the Work with Parittions window and then selecting the Reboot button on the BootIt BM desktop.
- In BootIt BM Settings, enable the Align on 1MiB Boundaries option in the Global Geometry and Alignment section.
Note: If the drives are not using global settings (the default), you will need to enable the Align MBR End HS option in Drive Settings for each drive.