When attempting to run Image for DOS, a message similar to the following appears:
Causeway Error 09: Unrecoverable Exception. Program Terminated.
This problem can be caused by any of the following conditions:
- One or more partitions on the system contain file system corruption.
- The Image for DOS program files are corrupted.
- You are using Image for DOS on a Lenovo notebook.
Please carry out the following steps to correct this issue:
Resolving a Problem with a Corrupt File System
Run ScanDisk (Windows 9x / Me) or CHKDSK /F (Windows NT / 2000 / XP / 2003 / Vista, Windows 7/8.x/10) on each partition, including the source and target partitions for any image operations you are attempting to carry out. Note: Using chkdsk in Vista or Windows 7/8.x/10 will require that the Command Prompt be run as an administrator.
If the problem remains, recreate your Image for DOS boot media, as explained below.
Replacing a Corrupt Image for DOS Program File
Create a new Image for DOS boot disc or diskette.
- If you are using a CD/DVD disc for the Image for DOS boot media, try using a different disc.
- If you are using a floppy diskette for the Image for DOS boot media, do a complete format on the floppy diskette first to help ensure that the diskette is reliable. Use the FORMAT A: /U command when performing the format of the floppy diskette.
Using Image for DOS on a Lenovo Netbook
This problem has been traced to an issue with the NIC driver on your computer. Visit www.lenovo.com and download the correct DOS NIC driver for your machine model.
Please refer to the following Knowledge Base articles, as needed: