This problem can occur if the following sequence of events took place:
- BootIt 2.x* was installed over the top of BootIt NG.
- The Reset MBFT Indexes utility was used.
- BootIt NG was installed over BootIt 2.x.
The problem is that the EMBR version was updated the first time BootIt NG was installed, but then BootIt 2.x downgraded the EMBR version and did not update the version field.
To solve this problem:
- Use the BootIt NG Partition Work dialog to view the properties of the first partition on the first hard drive on the system.
- Rename the partition. Any change to the name will work--even simply appending a space to the end will suffice.
- Click OK.
- Repeat Steps 1 - 3 for each other partition on the system.
- Now you can set up your boot items and they will not disappear.
*Please note: BootIt 2.x refers to an older product which was a predecessor of BootIt NG.